Saturday, September 20, 2008

Indy As I See It (Part 1) . . .

My good friend, Erland P, always told me to keep a camera with me at all times, just in case. I started doing this a few years ago, and take random photos whenever I see something that catches my eye. My one regret is that I didn't start this habit in time to get a photo of the "Ho-made Pies" sign before it was torn down to make way for a new truck stop. I always wondered how many "ho's" it took to make a pie ;0).

Anyway, from time to time, I'll post some random photos of curiodities I see in my travels in and around Indy. I hope you enjoy them.

This is what I see every morning -- a mama dino and her two babies coming out of the side of The Indianapolis Children's Museum. Even though the City of Indianapolis has a different idea, the street signs say these creatures are busting out at the corner of T-Rex Trail and Gorgosaurus Avenue. The Museum is getting ready to start a massive building project in October. Soon there will be another bigger dino looking down at these little ones. I can't wait to watch that build as it takes place! There used to be dino footprints on the street leading to the Museum, but these have long faded. I hope they repaint them when their new project is finished. Fun!

Thanks, Erl!


No comments: