Friday, September 12, 2008

Cheap Trick and Heart and JOURNEY, oh my . . .

On Wednesday nite, the 9th, my friends Carolyn, Julie, Robin and Jennifer and I ventured north to Verizon Wireless Music Center to see Cheap Trick, Heart and JOURNEY!!! The place was packed, the weather was great, and the music was FANTASTIC!!
Cheap Trick got us all going and then the gals from Heart took the stage! Ann and Nancy Wilson wowed the crowd and had us all on our feet! I first saw Heart about 30 (YIKES!!) years ago at the Indiana State Fair and have always been in awe of the power of Ann Wilson's voice. The gals didn't disappoint and really got the crowd going!! THEN . . .

J O U R N E Y!!!!! OMG they were marvelous! I know Steve Perry will always be "the voice", but new lead singer Arnel Pinela is fantastic! He is like a little spider monkey racing around the stage and his voice is amazing!! The guys harmony was spot on and I got to see my favorite keyboardist, Jonathan Cain! He is incredible!!! The crowd sang along as they started the show with "Don't Stop Believing"! They sang quite a few songs from their new c/d (which is next on my purchase list) and Arnel stopped the show with "Faithfully". Their part of the show lasted over 1 1/2 hours without a break! Finally, when we all were thoroughly exhausted and our throats were sore from singing at the top of our lungs, the guys ended the show with "Lovin, Touchin', Squeezin'"!!! It was one of the best concerts I have been to in a long time!!! We all went out to our cars singing "Na, na, na, na, na, na. . ." It was an incredible nite!!!

No comments: